Book Collector allows multiple sub-collections within one database file. The collections will appear as little tabs at the bottom (e.g. like in Excel), so that you can easily switch between them.
Create and manage collections
Go to menu File > Manage Collections to create a new collection, rename existing collections, remove a collection or change their order (drag and drop).
Merging existing database files
You can merge existing database files into one single database with multiple collections.
- Click menu File > Manage Collections and add a new collection.
- Then open the second database, and use File > Export to > XML
- Then open the first database, CLICK on the second collection you created (bottom left)
- Then click File > Import from > XML and pick the XML you created in step 2!
Moving book(s) to other collections
You can freely move one or multiple books between collections in your database file.
- Right click on a book (or multiple) and select Move to other collection.
- Select the collection you wish to move it/them in.
The option to move to other collection only appears if you have multiple collections (so use File > Manage Collections to create an extra collection first).
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.