Searching by Author/Title
To search for a book:
- Type the author/title into the appropriate field.
- Click Search Now on the right or press enter on your keyboard to start the search.
- Book Collector will search our database for appropriate matches. Click the + next to the result to view all the different regional matches we have for that title.
- Double click on one of the search results to see a detailed preview on the right.
- Use the columns and preview to select the correct book from the search results, then click Add Selected.
Books released in different regions (USA, Europe, Asia etc.) often have minor differences, for example, the covers in Europe usually differ to those in the USA, that’s why it’s important to select a regional match when adding your books; it ensures you get the most accurate information in your database.
When searching by title you will usually see lots of results for just one book, each result is for a different publication. To find an exact regional match we recommend searching by ISBN but you can also find exact matches with a title search. Here are some tips to help locate accurate, regional matches.
*To get the best results, ensure your regions are set correctly.
Check the columns, they provide useful information about the result provided such as the format, release year and publisher.
Use the preview on the right to check the cover image matches your book, if you’d prefer a different cover, right click on the result from the search queue and click ‘Find Cover Image’.
Still can’t find an exact match? Try searching by ISBN.*
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.