It is possible that you do not see your own covers after syncing. Here’s why:
When you sync with CLZ Cloud, the cloud entries will, in general, use our central cover images from Core for Books. Your personal local image is only uploaded automatically when our Core for Books database does not have an image for that book (or edition) yet.
The cover I see is wrong.
When you see cover images after syncing that are wrong, then you can upload the correct image to Core for Books. This will not only help you, but also all other users who own the same item. Here’s how:
Use a Core Report (Book Collector for Windows/Mac only) to submit your image to our Core for Books database.
- Select any book in your collection and click menu “CLZ Cloud > Submit Book to Core”.
- Book Collector will grab your book and upload it to Core for Books.
- Your webbrowser will open up Core for Books and ask you to login with your CLZ Account
- You can compare your submitted data to the data that is stored in Core for Books
- Important: After you’re done with the repairs you wish to make in Core for Books, click the green “Submit Changes” button, bottom left of the page.
Our content managers will work to add your fixed cover to our Core for Books online database as soon as possible. The cover will automatically sync correctly to any other device whenever it’s approved by our content managers.
I really want my own cover synced.
Now it could be that the cover you wish to sync is really specific to you, maybe it has an autograph, maybe you have a different reason. If you think fixing or submitting a cover to Core for Books is not the way to go for this specific book we’re talking about,l then you can upload the cover to CLZ Cloud, and it will only be used, in your syncs. Here’s how:
Upload your own cover, just for yourself.
In the Book Collector for Windows or Mac, here’s how you do that:
- Right click the book in your local Book Collector database.
- Choose “Upload Cover to CLZ Cloud”.
This will “force” the upload of your image to the CLZ Cloud.
You have to do this for each book you want a cover uploaded for.
In the mobile app you can force upload your cover by editing the book and then tap the square with the arrow pointing upwards. Then tap “Upload Cover”.