If all settings are default, most book and program data is saved in your Documents > Book Collector folder. It could be that you wish to stop using the default Documents location (maybe you have a new HDD/SSD/Network location that you wish to use.
Move all data to the new Drive Location
- Close the Book Collector if it’s open.
- Go to your Documents folder and find your Book Collector folder there.
- Select this Book Collector folder and move it to your new drive location.
Fix all broken image paths
Now that you’ve moved all files to the new location, the image links in your Book Collector’s database are all broken.
- Open Book Collector and open your database (because it will not automatically open your database).
- Use the Tools > Maintenance > Update File Links to fix all broken image links
Prepare Book Collector for all the new books you will add in the future
Now to make sure new items you add also save all their images in the correct folder, you have to perform these final steps:
- Click on Tools > Options,
- Click “Folders”
- Set all those user folders that are pointing to your Documents > Comic Collector > etc. folder to their new corresponding folder inside the “Book Collector” folder on your new drive location.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.