You can add file links to Book Collector, or add books based on book files (ebooks, Kindle, etc.) you have on your computer.
Adding Book Files
1. In Book Collector, click Edit > Add Book Files
2. In the next screen, click Choose to browse to your Book Directory and click Scan, to scan the folders containing your Book Files.
3. Before adding your Book Files to your collection, you can rename your files straight from the search results. Click the title in the left column and correct the title if need be.
4. With your folders scanned, you have three options:
- Select a Book and add it as a New Book to your Collection
- Link the Book File to an existing Book in your Collection
- Batch Add Checked Books titles to your Collection
1. Add Selection as New Book
Select a Book from the Scan Results and click the Add Selection as New Book button. Book Collector automatically opens the Update Book Automatically screen, searches the Book Collector database and selects (by default) the top result.
Click the Update button to add the book to your collection.
2. Link Selection to Existing Book
You can link your book file to an existing book in your database. This is cool, because Book Collector will add a link to the book in your database, that will play the Book File when clicked!
Select the Book File you want to link and click the Link Selection to Existing Book button. A new screen will open. Locate the book you want to link to and click Select.
In the Main View of your collection, your book file will appear as a link.
3. Batch Add Checked Books
Click this button to add all checked books to your collection. Book Collector will open the Update Book Automatically screen. If the titles are correct, Click the Search All button.
If you need to make a change in a title, right click and choose: Edit Criteria (or select the book and press F2).
Click Update All to add selected results to your collection.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.