Searching by Title
To search for an album:
- Type the artist/title into the appropriate fields.
- Click Search Now on the right or press enter on your keyboard to start the search.
- Music Collector will search our database for appropriate matches. Click the + next to the result to view all the different regional matches we have for that title.
- Use the columns and preview to select the correct album from the search results, then click Add Selected.
When searching by title you will usually see lots of results for just one album, each result is for a different release. To find an exact regional match we recommend searching by barcode but you can also find exact matches with a title search. Here are some tips to help locate accurate, regional matches.
- Check the columns, they provide useful information about the result provided such as the format, release year and region.
- Use the preview on the right to check the cover image matches your album, if you’d prefer a different cover, right click on the result from the search queue and click ‘Find Cover Image’.
- If there are lots of results, use the ‘Formats’ filter to narrow down the search results to a specific format.
- Still can’t find an exact match? Try searching by barcode.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.