Here’s how you can efficiently edit your album entries, e.g. to add personal information, like purchase info, notes, your own ratings, etc..
Editing a single album
All editing takes place in the “Edit Album” screen, which you can open with the Edit button on the toolbar or by choosing Edit Album from the Edit menu.
In this screen, you can find all the album’s properties, on multiple tab pages. Many of the album details will already be filled in, provided by our online database. You can modify it all, to change or to complete the information.
However, the main reason to edit your album entries, is to add information that is specific to you, e.g. when and where you purchased the album, who in your household owns it, your personal notes or ratings, etc…
The most important personal fields are in the “fixed” area at the bottom of the screen, the rest can be found on the tab page called “Personal”.
After changing some fields, click the OK button to save the changes and return to the main screen of Music Collector. If you’re unhappy with the changes, click Cancel.
Editing Multiple albums
If you need to change the properties of many albums, e.g. to set the Owner field for all your albums, or to set the Purchase Date for all your recently added albums, you can use Edit Multiple
- First of all, you need to make sure that the albums you want to edit are listed in the “list panel”. Choose View > Folders > No Folders to have all your albums show up there.
- Now select the ones you want to edit. You can use the standard Ctrl/CMD+click and Shift+click to select multiple albums.
- From the menu, choose Edit > Edit Multiple Albums. This opens the Edit Multiple Albums screen, which is the same as the normal Edit Album screen, but with all fields shown empty.
- All values you enter here will be applied to all selected albums.
- If you leave a box empty, that field will be left untouched for all selected albums.
When you’re done making changes, click OK. That’s it, you have changed multiple albums in your database in one go.
If you’d like to clear a field for all albums you’re editing at the same time, click in the field and press F8.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.