How Index numbers work
Game Collector automatically assigns and increments index numbers. The Index value is assigned when you add an game to the database. The next game you add to your collection will have an index number that is incremented by 1. Each Index number is only used once. When a number is deleted, the next added game will still increment on the last added game.
- If you have #s 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
- You delete #4
- The next game you add will automatically be #11. #4 will not return.
- If you manually change #11 to #4, the next game you add will be #12 – so you will be missing #11.
Auto Increment Index can be switched off if you want via menu Tools > Options > Index Field
Automatically Re-assign Index Numbers
If you automatically want to fill in the gaps, you can re-assign Index numbers:
- Click menu Tools > Maintenance > Re-Assign Index fields
- Choose which fields the software should sort all games on, and it will assign index numbers based on that sorting.
Manually change Index Numbers
- Select the game
- Click the Edit button (pencil button on toolbar)
- Change the number in the INDEX field for that game. (bottom of the edit screen).
- Click OK.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.
Thanks for your feedback.