If all settings are default, most game and program data is saved in your Documents > Game Collector folder. It could be that you wish to stop using the default Documents location (maybe you have a new HDD/SSD/Network location that you wish to use.
Move all data to the new Drive Location
- Close the Game Collector if it’s open.
- Go to your Documents folder and find your Game Collector folder there.
- Select this Game Collector folder and move it to your new drive location.
Fix all broken image paths
Now that you’ve moved all files to the new location, the image links in your Game Collector’s database are all broken.
- Open Game Collector and open your database (because it will not automatically open your database).
- Use the Tools > Maintenance > Update File Links screen to fix all broken image links
Prepare Game Collector for all the new games you will add in the future
Now to make sure new items you add also save all their images in the correct folder, you have to perform these final steps:
- Click on Tools > Options,
- Click “Folders”
- Set all those user folders that are pointing to your Documents > Comic Collector > etc. folder to their new corresponding folder inside the “Game Collector” folder on your new drive location.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.