How Index numbers work
Comic Collector automatically assigns and increments index numbers. The Index value is assigned when you add an comic to the database. The next comic you add to your collection will have an index number that is incremented by 1. Each Index number is only used once. When a number is deleted, the next added comic will still increment on the last added comic.
- If you have #s 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
- You delete #4
- The next comic you add will automatically be #11. #4 will not return.
- If you manually change #11 to #4, the next comic you add will be #12 – so you will be missing #11.
Auto Increment Index can be switched off if you want via menu Tools > Options > Index Field
Automatically Re-assign Index Numbers
If you automatically want to fill in the gaps, you can re-assign Index numbers:
- Click menu Tools > Maintenance > Re-Assign Index fields
- Choose which fields the software should sort all comics on, and it will assign index numbers based on that sorting.
Manually change Index Numbers
- Select the comic
- Click the Edit button (pencil button on toolbar)
- Change the number in the INDEX field for that comic. (bottom of the edit screen).
- Click OK.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.
Thanks for your feedback.