The Manage Collections option in the menu of the app lets you create multiple sub-sections in your database, called “collections”.
Why create multiple collections:
Many users use this feature, for all kinds of purposes:
- to keep separate collections for different people, e.g. your own and your kid’s collection.
- to separate their movies from their TV Series
- to keep track of movies they have for sale or have already sold
- etc.. etc.. the possibilities are endless
You are free to use collections for any sub-sets of your database, but keep in mind: collections are completely separate parts of your database! This means:
- Totals and Statistics are per collection. There are no “overall” stats.
- Searches are “within” the collection you are in. There is no “overall” search.
- The same holds for folders and sorting, all happens “within” the current collection.
As soon as you feel the need for totals or searches across all collections, that is a good sign you would be better off using ONE collection, then maybe use Location, Tags or Format to separate the sub-sections (see grouping into folders)
Create and manage collections
Open the menu top left and tap “Manage Collections” to create a new collection, rename existing collections, remove/merge a collection or change their order (Tap, hold and drag).
Moving movie(s) to another collection
You can freely move one or multiple movies between collections in your database file.
- Tap and hold on a movie entry (or tap multiple to select multiple movies)
- Click on the “Action” button
- Tap Move to other collection
- Select the collection you wish to move to
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.