To import your collection from iTunes you must first export it from iTunes into XML, then import that into Music Collector. Follow the steps below to import your collection from iTunes.
Exporting from iTunes
- Start iTunes
- Click File > Library > Export Library
- Define a location for your XML, we recommend using your desktop
- Importing to Music Collector
Importing in Music Collector
- Start Music Collector
- Click Edit > Add/Link Music Files
- Click the Import iTunes XML tab
- Click Browse
- Select the XML generated by iTunes
- Click Scan All to scan the entire XML
- Click Scan New to detect new entries
- Once complete, you’ll see a list of albums shown.
- Click the + to view the album contents before importing. Click Select All to select all albums from the list. You then have 3 options:
Add Selection as New Album:
This will add the Selected album to your database.
Link Selection to Existing Album:
If you already have the album in Music Collector, click this option to link your iTunes entry to the Music Collector entry. Click here to learn more.
Batch Add Checked Albums:
This will add all checked items to your collection as new entries in your database.
Linking to Existing Entries:
If you already have an album in your collection, you can import your iTunes database and link it to your existing Music Collector database entries.
To link the files to an existing entry , follow the steps below:
- Select the album you wish to link then click Link Selection to Existing Album
- A search box will appear with the title of your album entered already
- Click Search to filter the list
- Click the correct result from the list, then click Select
- After selecting the correct match from the list, you will then need to link the tracks
- In most cases, the order should already be correct, if not, you can click and drag the tracks into the correct order
- Once you are happy with the order, click Link Files to Album
- Your iTunes album will then be linked to your Music Collector database, enabling you to play the album from Music Collector.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.