What's new in Movie Collector for Windows?
Movie Collector (Windows)
February 14th, 2017
Quick Search: Search-As-You-Type suggestions
Instantly find and select a particular movie in your local database:
- In the Quick Search box, just start typing the first few letters of the title you are looking for.
- While typing, a drop-down list will appear, showing the first five matching movies.
(for most movies, it only takes 2 or 3 letters before it shows up.)
- Once you see the one you were looking for, use the up/down keys to select it, then hit Enter.
- The movie will now be selected in your list, with the details showing in the Details Panel.
Quick Search: Search Field selector
Narrow down your searches to a particular field, e.g. search in Title only, or Plot only:
- Click the new arrow button to the left of the Quick Search box.
A list of search fields will appear.
- Now pick the field you want to search in.
- Use the Quick Search box as you normally would to search in this field only.
New Multi-Image-Viewer pop-up
Easily browse all images attached to a movie:
- In the movie details panel, click an image to open it in the new Multi-Image-Viewer popup.
- Click the thumbnails on the left (or just use up/down keys) to browse through all images attached to the movie:
front cover, back cover, movie poster, backdrop and all other image files.
- No more need to close the popup and click to re-open for the next image.
v17.1.10: Fixed Access Violation in Add from CLZ Core screen September 14th, 2017 v17.1.9: Maintenance build September 14th, 2017 v17.1.8: New icons for the Add from CLZ Core screen and fixes August 24th, 2017 v17.1.7: Various tweaks July 20th, 2017 v17.1.6: Fixed an issue with hangs in the image browser dialog June 26th, 2017 v17.1.5: Fixed an issue with Search-As-You-Type in the Add Screen June 6th, 2017 v17.1.4: New features for the Add Movies screen and some fixes June 1st, 2017 v17.1.3: New: Keyboard Shortcuts to add movies and more! May 22nd, 2017 v17.1.2: Setting for the “Add Button” in Add Movies from CLZ Core May 18th, 2017 v17.1.1: A completely new Add Movies screen! May 17th, 2017 v17.0.7: Fixed the “Update” button in the Edit Screen April 26th, 2017 v17.0.6: Fixed a “Cannot focus window” error. April 25th, 2017 v17.0.5: Fixed an error and added new links to the What’s New page April 13th, 2017 v17.0.4: Maintenance build with lots of fixes April 10th, 2017 v17.0.3: Added search-as-you-type to pick list fields March 16th, 2017 V17.0.2: New image popup method and updates to the quick search February 16th, 2017 V17.0.1: Major updates to the Quick Search and Image Viewer popup! February 14th, 2017 v16.5.3: Fixed crashes during Check for Update January 4th, 2017 v16.5.2: maintenance build January 2nd, 2017 v16.5.1: Easily add movies that come up as “Unrecognized Barcode” November 10th, 2016 v16.4.5: Quick search with regular expressions and other tweaks October 10th, 2016 v16.4.4: More improvements to Add Movies Automatically screen September 13th, 2016 v16.4.2: various fixes August 16th, 2016 v16.4.3: fixed “Handle is invalid” and movie queue problem August 16th, 2016 v16.4.1: “Search-As-You-Type” suggestions when adding movies by title August 11th, 2016