What's new in Movie Collector for Windows?
Movie Collector (Windows)
February 14th, 2017
Quick Search: Search-As-You-Type suggestions
Instantly find and select a particular movie in your local database:
- In the Quick Search box, just start typing the first few letters of the title you are looking for.
- While typing, a drop-down list will appear, showing the first five matching movies.
(for most movies, it only takes 2 or 3 letters before it shows up.)
- Once you see the one you were looking for, use the up/down keys to select it, then hit Enter.
- The movie will now be selected in your list, with the details showing in the Details Panel.
Quick Search: Search Field selector
Narrow down your searches to a particular field, e.g. search in Title only, or Plot only:
- Click the new arrow button to the left of the Quick Search box.
A list of search fields will appear.
- Now pick the field you want to search in.
- Use the Quick Search box as you normally would to search in this field only.
New Multi-Image-Viewer pop-up
Easily browse all images attached to a movie:
- In the movie details panel, click an image to open it in the new Multi-Image-Viewer popup.
- Click the thumbnails on the left (or just use up/down keys) to browse through all images attached to the movie:
front cover, back cover, movie poster, backdrop and all other image files.
- No more need to close the popup and click to re-open for the next image.
v17.0.3: Added search-as-you-type to pick list fields March 16th, 2017 V17.0.2: New image popup method and updates to the quick search February 16th, 2017 V17.0.1: Major updates to the Quick Search and Image Viewer popup! February 14th, 2017 v16.5.3: Fixed crashes during Check for Update January 4th, 2017 v16.5.2: maintenance build January 2nd, 2017 v16.5.1: Easily add movies that come up as “Unrecognized Barcode” November 10th, 2016 v16.4.5: Quick search with regular expressions and other tweaks October 10th, 2016 v16.4.4: More improvements to Add Movies Automatically screen September 13th, 2016 v16.4.2: various fixes August 16th, 2016 v16.4.3: fixed “Handle is invalid” and movie queue problem August 16th, 2016 v16.4.1: “Search-As-You-Type” suggestions when adding movies by title August 11th, 2016 v16.3.14: More stable cloud syncing and other improvements / fixes August 8th, 2016 v16.3.13: just a small maintenance build August 2nd, 2016 v16.3.12: Some fixes to templates, cloud syncing and editing July 19th, 2016 v16.3.11: Editing, exporting and font size fixes July 7th, 2016 v16.3.10: One tweak, multiple fixes July 1st, 2016 v16.3.9: Date fields now have drop downs for easier date entry June 30th, 2016 v16.3.8: “List index out of bounds” fix and other fixes June 20th, 2016 v16.3.7: More Quick Filter panel tweaks June 16th, 2016 v16.3.6: Fix for “maximized mode” problems June 15th, 2016 v16.3.5: Add Automatically fix June 14th, 2016 v16.3.4: Quick Filter panel tweaks June 14th, 2016 v16.3.3: Quick Filter panel now allows active filter while it’s closed June 9th, 2016 v16.3.2: Light Skin now use black front instead of gray June 8th, 2016 v16.3.1: Movies vs TV Series, Quick Filters and Dark vs Light Skins June 8th, 2016