To perform a full import from a text or CSV file you can use the Movie Connect Import Tool. The steps consist of first importing all items into Movie Connect, and then syncing those items from Movie Connect to Movie Collector on your computer.
1. Importing your Text/CSV file to Movie Connect
- Go to the Movie Connect website.
- Log in with your CLZ Account you also use for Movie Collector on your computer.
(if you don’t have a CLZ Account, create one by registering for a 30-day free trial)
- Click the menu icon top left and click “Import Data” to enter the import screen.
- Click “Import from Text / CSV File”.
- Upload your Text / CSV file.
- Change the data format settings so it looks correct under the preview.
- Under “Select your Column fields” pick the fields to match your fields! Note that you can also skip fields.
- Click “Import movies” to run the import.
If you’re having troubles with this, make sure you re-check step 5 to make sure all columns you’re importing match a field that we provide.
If you can not match a field to one we have, you can decide to add that column of information to the notes of each movie or just skip that column altogether.
2. Syncing from Movie Connect to Movie Collector on your computer
After you’ve done the import you now need to get all those imported movies from Movie Connect to Movie Collector on your computer:
- Start Movie Collector.
- Click menu CLZ Cloud > Synchronize.
- Log in using the same CLZ Account you created/used on the Movie Connect page.
- Click Sync Changes to sync all movies to your computer.
Done! You should now have all movies in Movie Collector on your computer.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.