To search for a movie:
- Type the title into the appropriate field.
- Click Search Now on the right or press enter on your keyboard to start the search.
- Movie Collector will search the Core for Movies database for appropriate matches. Click the + next to the result to view all the different regional matches we have for that title.
- Double click on one of the search results to see a detailed preview on the right.
- Use the columns and preview to select the correct movie from the search results, then click Add Selected.
When a movie is released in different regions (USA, Europe, Asia etc.) they often have minor differences, for example, the audience ratings in Europe differ to those in the USA, that’s why it’s important to select a regional match when adding your movies; it ensures you get the most accurate information in your database.
When searching by title you will usually see lots of results for just one movie, each result is for a different release. To find an exact regional match we recommend searching by barcode but you can also find exact matches with a title search. Here are some tips to help locate accurate, regional matches.
- Check the columns, they provide useful information about the result provided such as the format, release year and region.
- Use the preview on the right to check the cover image matches your movie, if you’d prefer a different cover, right click on the result from the search queue and click ‘Find Cover Image’.
- If there are lots of results, use the ‘Editions’ filter to narrow down the search results to a specific region (right click in the list of results, then click “Filter Editions”).
- If you are adding TV Series, use the ‘TV Series Only’ check box to search our database for TV Series.
- Still can’t find an exact match? Try searching by barcode.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.