Movie Collector allows you to catalogue your box sets as individual movies then link them together as a box set.
If you’re looking to add a box set of multiple movies, we advise to not add them by barcode, but rather add all movies from the box set separately by Title, and then bind them with the box set feature.
Adding a Box Set
To create a box set, you must first add the movies from the box set to your collection.
- Use the Add Automatically screen to add each individual movie by Title.
- Select the movies that are part of your box set by holding CTRL (Command if you’re using Mac) and clicking.
- Click menu Edit > Edit Multiple Movies.
- Click the Edition tab then enter the name of the box set into the field.
Your box set has now been created. When you select one of the movies from the set, more information will be displayed in your Details Panel of that movie.
If you want to add more information to the box set, including a picture, then use the EDIT function as explained in the next section.
Editing a Box Set
After creating a box set, you can add additional information to it. Here’s how:
- Click Tools > Manage Pick Lists
- Click on Box set in the left hand panel
- Select the box set you wish to edit, then click the edit button (blue pencil)
- Add the information you want (and a cover if you like) and hit OK when you’re done.
Information defined here will be shown in your Details Panel of all movies from that box set.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.