Here’s how you can efficiently edit your comic entries, e.g. to add personal information, like purchase info, notes, your own ratings, etc..
Editing a single comic
All editing takes place in the “Edit Comic” screen, which you can open with the Edit button on the toolbar or by choosing Edit Comic from the Edit menu.
In this screen, you can find all the comic’s properties, on multiple tab pages. Many of the comic details will already be filled in, provided by our online database. You can modify it all, to change or to complete the information.
However, the main reason to edit your comic entries, is to add information that is specific to you, e.g. when and where you purchased the comic, who in your household owns it, your personal notes or ratings, etc…
The most important personal fields are in the “fixed” area at the bottom of the screen, the rest can be found on the tab page called “Personal”.
After changing some fields, click the OK button to save the changes and return to the main screen of Comic Collector. If you’re unhappy with the changes, click Cancel.
Editing Multiple comics
If you need to change the properties of many comics, e.g. to set the Owner field for all your comics, or to set the Purchase Date for all your recently added comics, you can use Edit Multiple
- First of all, you need to make sure that the comics you want to edit are listed in the “list panel”. Choose View > Folders > No Folders to have all your comics show up there.
- Now select the ones you want to edit. You can use the standard Ctrl/CMD+click and Shift+click to select multiple comics.
- From the menu, choose Edit > Edit Multiple Comics. This opens the Edit Multiple Comics screen, which is the same as the normal Edit Comic screen, but with all fields shown empty.
- All values you enter here will be applied to all selected comics.
- If you leave a box empty, that field will be left untouched for all selected comics.
When you’re done making changes, click OK. That’s it, you have changed multiple comics in your database in one go.
If you’d like to clear a field for all comics you’re editing at the same time, click in the field and press F8.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.