One of the main features of Comic Collector is that it automatically gives you full comic details and cover images for the comics in your collection.
And all those are provided by our own central online comic database called: “Core for Comics”.
When you first try to add a comic you will receive a warning that you are using the ‘Example’ database, it’s up to you how you proceed: You can try adding comics to the example collection to get a feel for how everything works, or you can get started immediately by creating your own database.
Creating Your Database
To get started with cataloging your Comic Collection you’ll need to create your own database.
- Click File > New Database
- Save your database by clicking: File > Save Database
- Name your database, select a destination then click Save
Make sure you remember where you’re saving your database.
Adding Comics Automatically
Adding comics is done by searching that central online database, either By Series Title or by By Barcode, then adding the results to your own local database.
Both methods are located in the Add Comics Automatically screen. To open it, click the left-most button on the toolbar:
Here you have the Add Comics Automatically screen. This enables you to search our online comic database and download detailed information to your own personal database.
By Series Title
To search for a comic:
- Type the Series Title title in the series title searchbox.
- Click Search Now.
- Comic Collector will search our database for appropriate matches.
- “Expand” the correct series title entry to see the issues for that series title.
- Check the checkboxes for all issues that you own.
- Click Add Checked to add them to your database.
Comic Collector will now download full comic details (cover artist, writer, etc, etc…), plus the cover image (actual front (variant or regular front cover, a back cover and preview image if available).
The 2nd way to search our online database is by Barcode. The big advantage of searching by Barcode is that it will immediately give you the correct series and the correct issue. No need to wade through a long list of search results.
If you own a lot of comics, then consider getting our “CLZ Barry.” barcode scanner app (available for iOS and Android).
Here’s how to add by barcode:
- Scan or type in the Barcode (if you type it in, you must hit Search Now)
- Click Add Selected
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.