What's new in Book Connect?
March 27th, 2017
Whilst we make daily backups for you on our own servers, you can now create your own backup of your Connect database and download it to your computer!
If you ever make a big mistake and lose valuable data, you can upload a previously downloaded backup file and restore it to your current database.
How does it work?
Login to your Connect account, click the “Wrench” icon and then click “Backup” to open the new Backup page.
On the Backup page you have two boxes that are important here:
- Left box: “Your Current Database“, containing the number of books in your database on Connect.
- Right box: “Online Backup File“, containing the number of books in your personal online backup file.
You can use the blue buttons to “Generate Backup File” or “Restore Backup File“. You can use the green buttons to download or upload a backup file to or from your computer.
Create and download a backup file:
- Click the blue “Create Backup File” button to generate an “Online Backup File” from your current database.
- Download the backup file by clicking the green “Download Backup” button.
Upload and restore a backup file:
- Upload a (previously downloaded) backup file by clicking the green “Upload Backup” button.
- Select the backup file on your computer and upload it.
- The page will now process the backup file you’ve uploaded and put it in your “Online Backup File” box.
- Click the blue “Restore Backup File” button to restore the “Online Backup File” back to your current database.