What's new in Book Connect?
New: Back up / Restore your database
March 27th, 2017
Whilst we make daily backups for you on our own servers, you can now create your own backup of your Connect database and download it to your computer!
If you ever make a big mistake and lose valuable data, you can upload a previously downloaded backup file and restore it to your current database.
How does it work?
Login to your Connect account, click the “Wrench” icon and then click “Backup” to open the new Backup page.
On the Backup page you have two boxes that are important here:
- Left box: “Your Current Database“, containing the number of books in your database on Connect.
- Right box: “Online Backup File“, containing the number of books in your personal online backup file.
You can use the blue buttons to “Generate Backup File” or “Restore Backup File“. You can use the green buttons to download or upload a backup file to or from your computer.
Create and download a backup file:
- Click the blue “Create Backup File” button to generate an “Online Backup File” from your current database.
- Download the backup file by clicking the green “Download Backup” button.
Upload and restore a backup file:
- Upload a (previously downloaded) backup file by clicking the green “Upload Backup” button.
- Select the backup file on your computer and upload it.
- The page will now process the backup file you’ve uploaded and put it in your “Online Backup File” box.
- Click the blue “Restore Backup File” button to restore the “Online Backup File” back to your current database.
Re-designed collection tab-bar May 4th, 2023 Connect is now available in Dutch! April 27th, 2023 v8.0: 7 new data fields! January 16th, 2023 New collection view : Vertical Cards! July 7th, 2022 Lots of new features and tweaks in one go! June 29th, 2022 Improved Pre-fill screen: choose your own fields! March 4th, 2022 New “Add from Core” settings: select which fields you want to download from Core November 25th, 2021 New: Progress bars for slower actions November 24th, 2021 Search by Barry / Cloud Visibility per Collection September 21st, 2021 Easier Columns & Sorting / remove Core covers / more Field Defaults September 1st, 2021 Enhanced Collection Status filter and more Update from Core fields August 13th, 2021 New fields! Translator, Editor, Photographer, web-links, etc… March 17th, 2021 3 new settings to save screen space February 19th, 2021 New currency settings January 29th, 2021 New: Pre-fill fields while adding books December 10th, 2020 Various improvements July 27th, 2020 Improved “Edit Multiple” screen July 15th, 2020 AutoCap Subtitles July 15th, 2020 Add Books: select your preferred Regions June 4th, 2020 New Crop and Rotate tool for cover images May 20th, 2020 Choose all Collection Status options when adding April 6th, 2020 Many new customization settings March 26th, 2020 New Shelves View March 19th, 2020 Server-side settings / Favorites for Columns & Sorting March 10th, 2020 New: Re-assign index values February 20th, 2020