Collectorz.com News clzhome
March 31st, 2020
CLZ Alwin here, with the CLZ News for a weird March 2020. Suddenly we’re living in a strange world, with most of us having to stay at home because of the virus. I sincerely hope you and your loved ones are safe.
Here in Amsterdam, all 11 CLZ Team members have been working from home since March 13, so going into our 3rd week now. We are all trying to stay in as much as possible and we’re all fit and healthy. The “distributed home office” situation took some getting used to, especially regarding the communication about projects, but we have settled in now.
In any case, don’t worry, our online services (CLZ Core and CLZ Cloud) are up-and-running as normal and we’re still available 7 days a week to answer your questions. It’s quite busy at the CLZ Help Center even. As most users are at home at the moment, looking for something to do, we are seeing many of them getting back to cataloging their collections.
Also, even from our home offices, we’re still making great progress on the further development of our services and software.
Here’s the score for March 2020:
- Faster CLZ Cloud syncing!
- Easily add and report comics with “unrecognized barcodes”
- Connect web-based software:
- Server-side settings / Favorites for Columns & Sorting
- New Shelves View / Toolbar tweaks
- Many new customization settings
March 17th, 2020
All CLZ team members are still working from home because of the virus. It took some getting used to, especially in the communication about projects and features, but we are making nice progress now.
Here’s what’s cooking and coming up soon:
- Faster (yes, much much faster!) CLZ Cloud syncing for all CLZ mobile apps and all Collector for Windows programs
- A super-slick and smooth Shelves View for all 5 Connect editions, with customizable image size.
- Full Auto-Capitalization settings for all 5 Connect’s
- Updated search engine for all Core and Cloud searches
- New “Add by Platform” and “Add Hardware from Core” features for the CLZ Games mobile app.
- Improved barcode coverage for older comics (1970-1980)
March 13th, 2020