The Find Image Online tool previously used Google Images to find images.
However, it turns out that on December 1, 2015, Google terminated the free Google Image Search API that we were using, causing our Find Image Online functionality to stop working.
Google provides a new paid version of the Search API, but it is limited to max 10K searches per day. With our amount of customers, we need at least 20K daily searches (600K per month!) :-(
The solution: Switch to BING!
Microsoft also offers a paid Bing Image Search API and this one has no limits.
Or, to be more precise, they let us pay more for higher limits.
So we immediately went to work and updated all our Windows and Mac program to use Bing Images for the Find Image Online tool instead.
Obviously, this generates enormous extra monthly costs (well over US $1,000), but we have decided that we will NOT pass on these extra costs to our customers.
The new Bing enabled Find Image Online tool is now (as of December 3, 2015) available in:
- Movie Collector 16.1 for Windows
- Book Collector 16.1 for Windows
- Music Collector 16.1 for Windows
- Comic Collector 16.1 for Windows
- Game Collector 16.1 for Windows
How to update your software to the new Bing-powered versions?
- Start the currently installed version of your Collector program.
- Choose Check for Update from the menu.
- In this screen, check the status of your Update Plan:
- If you have a valid, non-expired, Update Plan, you’re good to, proceed to Step 6!
- If the screen says “Your Update Plan has expired!”, then move on to Step 4 to renew.
- Renew your Update Plan in the CLZ Shop.
Remember you can update your software for as little as US $6.95!
- After your purchase has completed, close and re-open the Check for Update screen.
- Click Update Now to install the new version.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.