The Shadow wrote:
Does anyone know a site that lists the years and issues of Marvel's former EIC's from Martin Goodman at the start of Timely to Alonso now in 2011? Or at the very least dates (years and months) when they became EIC so I can at least get it within a month?
There are a few older issues I have that don't list the EIC's and I'm trying to get it right.
Thanks in advance.
Wikipedia knows all.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Com ... s-in-chief
* Joe Simon (1940–1941)
* Stan Lee (1941–1942) * Vincent Fago (acting editor during Lee's military service) (1942–1945) - assumed the interim title beginning on comics cover-dated March 1943.
* Stan Lee (1945–1972)
* Roy Thomas (1972–1974)
* Len Wein (1974–1975)
* Marv Wolfman (black-and-white magazines 1974-1975, entire line 1975-1976)
* Gerry Conway (1976)
* Archie Goodwin (1976– December 1977
) - resigned at the end of 1977 as EIC and it was effective in early 1978[/b]
* Jim Shooter (January 1978
* Tom DeFalco (1987–1994) - DeFalco became Marvel's tenth Editor-in-Chief on April 15, 1987. This change was effective in comics cover-dated November 1987.
* No overall; separate group editors-in-chief (1994–1995)
o Mark Gruenwald
o Bob Harras
o Bob Budiansky
o Bobbie Chase
o Carl Potts
* Bob Harras (1995– August 2000) * Joe Quesada (August 2000– February 2011)
* Axel Alonso (February 2011–present)
The bolded were the only ones I could find definitive dates on (though not both start and end dates for anyone) through Wikipedia.
Anyone else have any ideas??