First off let me just say Game Collector is fantastic piece of software, I've been looking for a program for cataloging my games and GC works perfectly.
After using the software for awhile I would like to suggest some things I think would make a nice addition in a future version of Game Collector. More info in Database Totals
Right now it only shows very minimal information about your collection. It would be nice if additional information was shown.
- Number of games in collection.
- Number of games in wishlist.
- Number of games completed to number of games owned ratio.
- Console/Handheld of choice, based of amount of games owned per console/handheld or amount of games beaten per console/handheld.
- Genre of choice, based of database entries.
- First purchase, based of database entries.
- Most expensive game bought, based of database entries.
- Most valuable game, based of database entries.
I could list more but I don't want to create a list. Basic Text Export Option
I know the pro edition has a few more options for exporting but would it be possible for the standard edition to export into a plain old .txt file with vary minimal information like console/handled and then the list corresponding to the console/handheld. I only ask for such a feature as it would be nice to have a list of the games on my wishlist when I'm out and about on the off chance I might find something on my list. Rating Score
Instead of a user rating it would be cool if the rating was the culmination of various game reviewer scores. Metacritic does a really nice job of this, http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/la-noire
. If GC was able to pull the score from Metacritic that would be awesome. Random Game
It would be neat feature that when clicked would show a random game from your collection. I know it serves no practical purpose but it still would be neat. Developers Website
It would be nice if one of the auto-added links were to the developers website. Region Selection Option on Search
When searching for games to add it would be nice if you could select the region so only games in your selected region show up.
That's all I can think of at the moment, again thanks for creating such fantastic software!