Collectorz.com Forum

Catalog your movies, books, music, comic books and video games.
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

About the Music Collector Connect online music cataloging software

Post subject: Re: First time with connect, some questions before I continue
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:00 am 

Thanks Alwin, the country field is no big deal, just would be nice one day.

I agree that the index field is personal and unique to all collections, it's just when you use it to sort on and then it can't be shown in public view without showing all other more personal details it then becomes a problem. I guess it would require a tick box to allow it to be shown without the other personal stuff. It would allow easy referencing when someone asks me about a particular album if they could quote the index number.

BluesBeat Playlist
twitter
facebook
Fleurieu FM
Fleurieu FM Online Stream

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:54 am 

Just purchased some more of your products, first time using core to upload changes!!

QUESTIONS

I have 118 listings that I have input to Music Collector, I have uploaded to Connect and synced to my Ipad and Iphone. If I re-sync from my IOS i keep getting 53 updates showing, the majority of errors seem to be that the UPC (barcode) are in my PC Prog but are not coming across from Connect to my IOS. (Are they perhaps missing on your system?) Can this be rectified without me having to input the barcode manually to IOS?

Also I cannot submit a lot of my 'albums' getting error messages "TOC not increasing" also "No CD ID"
What does this mean??

P.S.
Are your mousepads still available?? (I have found a purchase page but the link comes up with an empty basket)

Regards Barry (Bazxm)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:46 am 
Collectorz.com

Bazxm wrote:
I have 118 listings that I have input to Music Collector, I have uploaded to Connect and synced to my Ipad and Iphone. If I re-sync from my IOS i keep getting 53 updates showing, the majority of errors seem to be that the UPC (barcode) are in my PC Prog but are not coming across from Connect to my IOS. (Are they perhaps missing on your system?) Can this be rectified without me having to input the barcode manually to IOS?

Connect syncing issues are easier solved by contacting our Support guys directly:
http://www.collectorz.com/music/supportform.php

Bazxm wrote:
IAlso I cannot submit a lot of my 'albums' getting error messages "TOC not increasing" also "No CD ID"
What does this mean??

The first (TOC not increasing) means that the CD has been added by scanning the actual disc, but the tracks have been re-ordered afterwards. Meaning that we cannot trust the correctness of the entry.

The other (No CD ID) means that the CD has not been added by scanning the actual disc, so it cannot be submitted.

Bazxm wrote:
Are your mousepads still available?? (I have found a purchase page but the link comes up with an empty basket)

Sorry, these are not available at the moment. We have some left though, so we may add them to the shop again.

Image Image