Collectorz.com Forum

Catalog your movies, books, music, comic books and video games.
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

About the Music Collector Connect online music cataloging software

Post subject: Re: Sync: everytime MuC says 36 album need to be updated
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:41 pm 

I'm having the same problem, and I have a fresh version of the program with the current build (9.2 build 2). New user as of today.

Database sent in. The point I'm mentioning it is that it's happening still in whatever the new build is with very small databases (I have just 9 in my database at the moment - will be multiple hundreds when I'm done, but I'm just starting out today).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:56 am 

Is this issue now fixed, or is there still an issue with updating notes?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:52 am 

There's still an issue with the notes field in the current version. It will be fixed in the next release.

Follow My stuffings on Twitter

Check out my Music Collection

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:16 am 

I am also getting this message, as well as a lack of updating;

Unexpected response. please try again. Contact collectorz support if problem persists

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:33 pm 

This went away for a long time, but I had a few updates today, and it's telling me the same seven CD's need to be updated. The ones that it's telling me about are ones I haven't updated in some time now. Not sure why they'd be a problem again now.

Let me know what you need to look into it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:47 pm 

The Sync screen has a button "Update Details". Click it and it will show a log with hints on why those albums give a mismatch. This should give you a clue on what you may need to change locally or on connect.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:49 pm 

Ronald.Kats wrote:
The Sync screen has a button "Update Details". Click it and it will show a log with hints on why those albums give a mismatch. This should give you a clue on what you may need to change locally or on connect.

But it doesn't make any sense, these albums were last updated BEFORE the update that fixed this. And every time I publish, it keeps saying they need to be updated again and again. I haven't touched their data in awhile now, and for no reason that I can discern, they started needing "updating" again.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:42 am 

We've made changes to the matching algorithm in the last version, so it may be different now. If you take a look at the log you'll know why it marks them as mismatches.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:38 am 

Ronald.Kats wrote:
We've made changes to the matching algorithm in the last version, so it may be different now. If you take a look at the log you'll know why it marks them as mismatches.

OK, two of them I looked - for some reason it told me the "Title sort name" didn't match one of mine on local vs online - which was weird because I wasn't using the title sort field at all. I put something in there (which duped the album title), and it let it through, but I don't use that on 98% of my titles, so why that one? For the record it was this one:

http://connect.collectorz.com/users/dop ... ail/657413

-----

The second was a Greatest Hits CD by the Bangles. It told me this:

2011/02/09 10:19:25.407 Synching Up To Connect: [Barcodes do not match [local:"07464461020831405922523" <=> connect: "07464461020831405922"]] [Artist: Bangles] [Title: Greatest Hits]

http://connect.collectorz.com/users/dop ... ail/672984

That was easy enough - match the barcode, but why was I able to post that for a few hundred posts or so and have it not say something?

-----------

All of the rest are the same issue. This one I'm not sure how to address short of doing what I don't want to do..

2011/02/09 10:26:44.895 Synching Up To Connect: [Artist Sort names do not match [local:"Black Sabbath" <=> connect: "Heaven & Hell"]] [Artist: Black Sabbath; Heaven & Hell] [Title: Bible Black CD Single]
2011/02/09 10:26:44.903 Synching Up To Connect: [Artist Sort names do not match [local:"Black Sabbath" <=> connect: "Heaven & Hell"]] [Artist: Black Sabbath; Heaven & Hell] [Title: Follow the Tears CD Single]
2011/02/09 10:26:44.914 Synching Up To Connect: [Artist Sort names do not match [local:"Black Sabbath" <=> connect: "Heaven & Hell"]] [Artist: Black Sabbath; Heaven & Hell] [Title: Live at Radio City Music Hall]
2011/02/09 10:26:44.915 Synching Up To Connect: [Artist Sort names do not match [local:"Black Sabbath" <=> connect: "Heaven & Hell"]] [Artist: Black Sabbath; Heaven & Hell] [Title: Neon Nights: 30 Years of Heaven & Hell]
2011/02/09 10:26:44.927 Synching Up To Connect: [Artist Sort names do not match [local:"Black Sabbath" <=> connect: "Heaven & Hell"]] [Artist: Black Sabbath; Heaven & Hell] [Title: The Devil You Know]

OK, after looking, I see what you've done. First off, these albums are by (technically) the band "Heaven & Hell", which is really the Dio era version of Black Sabbath renamed. I wanted them sorted under Black Sabbath, not Heaven & Hell, so I had them with TWO band names (since you allow that in the program), the first being Black Sabbath, the second being Heaven & Hell. It listed them in both places in my local database. Until now. I notice that they're not listed in "Black Sabbath" anymore. This is how it looks in my local db for one of them:

It appears that the double band name thing is what's causing the problem. If that's the case that having two band names in there is generating the error, then why allow me to enter two in the first place? I'd really like it to work the way it did before.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:29 am 

I'm having some issues but have fixed a couple of them (incorrect dates eg 31st september! oops!!)

However, these remain and they seem to be out of my control:

Code:
2011/10/08 10:27:43.260 Synching Up To Connect: [Sort Titles do not match [local:"" <=> connect: "Awsome As Fuck (Live)"]]      [Artist: Green Day]      [Title: Awesome As Fuck (Live)]
2011/10/08 10:27:43.262 Synching Up To Connect: [Artist Sort names do not match [local:"Four Foot Fingers" <=> connect: "4FT Fingers"]]      [Artist: 4ft Fingers]      [Title: A Cause For Concern]
2011/10/08 10:27:43.271 Synching Up To Connect: [Artist Sort names do not match [local:"Twenty-Eight Days" <=> connect: "28 Days"]]      [Artist: 28 Days]      [Title: Upstyle Down]
2011/10/08 10:27:43.273 Synching Up To Connect: [Artist Sort names do not match [local:"Thirty Seconds to Mars" <=> connect: "30 Seconds to Mars"]]      [Artist: 30 Seconds to Mars]      [Title: A Beautiful Lie]
2011/10/08 10:27:43.274 Synching Up To Connect: [Artist Names do not match [local:"5c Deposit" <=> connect: "5 Cent Deposit"]]      [Artist: 5c Deposit]      [Title: We Have Your Daughter]
2011/10/08 10:27:43.282 Synching Up To Connect: [Artist Names do not match [local:"Motörhead" <=> connect: "Motorhead"]]      [Artist: Motörhead]      [Title: God Save The Queen]
2011/10/08 10:27:43.294 Synching Up To Connect: [Artist Sort names do not match [local:"Thirty Seconds to Mars" <=> connect: "30 Seconds to Mars"]]      [Artist: 30 Seconds to Mars]      [Title: This Is War]
2011/10/08 10:27:43.297 Synching Up To Connect: [Artist Sort names do not match [local:"Three DBS Down" <=> connect: "3Dbs Down"]]      [Artist: 3dBs Down]      [Title: Can Of Worms]
2011/10/08 10:27:43.302 Synching Up To Connect: [Artist Sort names do not match [local:"Three Storeys High" <=> connect: "3 Storeys High"]]      [Artist: 3 Storeys High]      [Title: When The Words Won't Come]
2011/10/08 10:27:43.303 Synching Up To Connect: [Artist Sort names do not match [local:"Four Foot Fingers" <=> connect: "4FT Fingers"]]      [Artist: 4ft Fingers]      [Title: 40 Years Of Misery EP]
2011/10/08 10:27:43.305 Synching Up To Connect: [Artist Sort names do not match [local:"plus forty four" <=> connect: "(+44)"]]      [Artist: (+44)]      [Title: When Your Heart Stops Beating]

I.e. I sort my 'numerical' names alphabetically but on your server you don't - hence there is a mismatch...

'Motorhead' on your server should be 'Motörhead' with the dots over the 2nd 'o'

and you have 'Awsome As Fuck (Live)' but 'Awesome' is spelt incorrectly.

Looking forward to any tips...!

MaFt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:04 pm 

Hi,

Let me begin by saying that I love Music Collector! (Almost) everything is great! There is a bug however, which I noticed has been discussed in previous posts - not sure if it was resolved but if it was I'm not finding the solution. It is a significant annoyance, if not a show stopper.

Around 130 albums in my collection have recurrent "updates" that never get resolved when I synch with Connect, even though they have not been edited. Most are classical and the problem seems to be an issue with the composer sort name: here is a typical entry from the "update details" file:

2012/01/07 22:41:15.460 Synching Up To Connect: [Composers Sort names do not match [local:"Purcell, Henry" <=> connect: "Henry Purcell"]] [Artist: The Parley of Instruments] [Title: Ayres for the Theatre]

So - Connect appears to be set up to file this composer under H for Henry and not P for Purcell, which is nuts! Many (perhaps all?) classical composers appear to be the same way. Can this be fixed? Hopefully there is a general solution (i.e. one that doesn't require individual editing of every composer?!) It would in any case be desirable to be able to sort (correctly) by composer in Connect.

Thanks!
Doug

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:26 pm 

I too am having the same problem with artist sort names, artist names and titles.
Why is it no possible to let these pass?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:43 am 
Collectorz.com

likwit wrote:
I too am having the same problem with artist sort names, artist names and titles.
Why is it no possible to let these pass?

Sorry, what is your question exactly? What do you mean by "let these pass"?

Image Image