Music Collector for Mac OS X updates
What's new in Music Collector for Mac OS X ?
Version 16.1 build 9 (released on February 02, 2017) :
- Export XML: XML was not exported correctly.
- Edit Screen: Cover Popups were not always prompted on macOS Sierra.
Version 16.1 build 8 (released on January 17, 2017) :
- Edit Screen:
- Composition Table: columns could not be resized beyond certain size.
- Tracks Screen: column widths were not remembered.
- Edit Track Screen: Credits: Roles were sometimes reverted to “Engineer”.
- Add Music Files: artists with accents were not imported.
- Play music: tracks were not played in the right order on iTunes when playing an album.
- Discs, Headers & Tracks total time didn’t include subtracks time.
- Cobalt and Carbon templates: Choruses were not always displayed.
- Templates: Fixed naming of discs in single- vs. multi-disc albums.
Version 16.1 build 7 (released on January 03, 2017) :
- Cards View: Quick Search didn’t filter the cards in the list.
- First Letter folder option was not using the Sort Names.
- Loan Manager Screen: Search was not working.
- Sierra: Full Screen Mode: "Add Cover" popup appears under the Edit Screen.
- Internal Images: Templates images were not updated after editing an item.
- When no internet connection was available, app was launched in Trial Mode.
Version 16.1 build 6 (released on December 22, 2016) :
- Main Screen: after resizing the first column too much, the text was no longer readable
- Edit Album: Closing the edit screen could cause a crash on El Capitan
Version 16.1 build 5 (released on December 01, 2016) :
- Main screen: switching from details to statistics would crash the program
Version 16.1 build 4 (released on November 23, 2016) :
- Program would crash on startup or load incorrectly for OS older than Sierra
Version 16.1 build 3 (released on November 22, 2016) :
- Free Trial now has an information panel to show the user how to get started.
- Trial Popup has been simplified to make it easier to pick one of the options.
- The Trial Popup sometimes showed when it shouldn't for existing users.
- Edit Album: remove track didn’t work any more after the Edit Track screen had been opened in macOS Sierra.
Version 16.1 build 2 (released on November 02, 2016) :
- Some memo text fields like Notes could not be scrolled up or down
Version 16.1 build 1 (released on October 24, 2016) :
CLZ Cloud: Now stores and syncs *your* track lists
- The CLZ Cloud system now supports the storing and syncing of track lists.
(previously, track lists were always shared from Core)
- For each track, the CLZ Cloud now stores Title, Artist and Length.
- Now store and sync your own customized track titles and artists.
- Now store and sync track lists for unlinked albums (e.g. manually entered or imported).
- NOTE: after updating your Music Collector software, ALL your albums will be flagged as CHANGED,
so that they will be re-uploaded to the CLZ Cloud!
BTW: To sync track lists to the CLZ Music app, you need
version 4.2.4 for iOS or version 4.3.6 for Android! (both released today)
CLZ Cloud: Improved syncing of Artist Sort Names
- Improved storing of Album Artists in the CLZ Cloud.
- Now correctly sync Artist Sort Names to/from the mobile apps.
- Fixed: difference in sorting between folder panel and album panel in the CLZ Cloud viewer.
- macOS Sierra: While running in full-screen mode,, some pop-up screens didn't work.
- Crash caused by the main list SubTracks "inherited Format" column.
- Add Files Screen: Crash when clicking on "Batch Add Checked Albums"
Version 16.0 build 9 (released on September 19, 2016) :
- Check for Updates was broken for macOS Sierra.
- Templates were broken when User Defined Field headers contained special characters.
- Templates: Inherited album composers were displayed at tracks level.
- Edit Screen: autocomplete feature is now available for composer field too.
- Fixed a crash when main list (expanded up to the tracks level) was sorted by Format.
Version 16.0 build 8 (released on June 21, 2016) :
- Sync with CLZ Cloud:
- Sometimes Multi-Disc Albums were not synced correctly.
- Down-syncing a new album was often crashing the app.
- 2 Panels Mode: Folders were always sorted by article.
- Import from XML: Sometimes compositions were duplicated.
- Preferences: "Ignore Sort Names of Person items" was not working in the folder panel.
- Export to Text/CSV: A flat list of tracks is now exported when Tracks View is active.
Version 16.0 build 7 (released on May 24, 2016) :
- Edit In List: some checkboxes didn’t trigger a sync change
- Cards View: Find Cover: select new cover. New Cover was not displayed.
- Add Auto: Queue mode > Add Selected: sometimes all (not selected) queue items were added
- Main Screen: 2 Horizontal Panels: Layout Sizes were not restored
- Add Automatically: By Barcode: Sometimes a new album was added without barcode
- Manage Pick Lists: Didn't always show any warning for duplicate items
Version 16.0 build 6 (released on May 03, 2016) :
- New Maintenance tool: Tools > Maintenance > Open database location
- Add Auto screen: "automatically close after queue is emptied" was not working
- Table Sorting: Empty values were not sorted correctly
- Template: Barcode icon was missing
Version 16.0 build 5 (released on April 05, 2016) :
- Add auto screen: "Collection Status" setting was not working properly
- Images View: Newly added items with "Add Automatically" were not selected
Version 16.0 build 4 (released on March 22, 2016) :
- Edit in List: Edit Rating was not working
- Templates: Online Links: "https" URLs didn’t open
- Cover Flow panel now has a black background
- Performance: Statistics are no longer updated if not necessary
- Sort Sets selection was sometimes lost after restarting the app
- Main Screen: "Collection status" filter selection was not remembered after restarting the app
Version 16.0 build 3 (released on March 07, 2016) :
- Menu: "View > Cards" item was missing
- Cards View was not working on Mavericks
- Tracks View: List: it was not possible to sort by Album Index
Version 16.0 build 2 (released on February 17, 2016) :
- List View could crash after opening the program, making it seem like no database was open.
Version 16.0 build 1 (released on February 17, 2016) :
New view for the main screen: Card View
Next to List View, Images View and Cover Flow, we have added a Card View, a multi-column view with little info cards for each album, showing the main album details and a small cover thumbnail.
Delete Orphaned Images
Clean up your hard-disk by deleting all unused cover images and thumbnails.
- This tool scans your configured Images Folder or database container to find all images
that are not linked to your current database file.
- Browse the list of found orphaned images in List or Images View.
Check thoroughly to make sure these can all be deleted.
- Finally, use the red "Delete Selected Images" button,
and all "checked" images will be removed from your computer.
WARNING: Do NOT use this tool if you have multiple databases !!!!
Enhanced database Backup and Restore system
Keep multiple time-stamped backups and easily restore them.
- The software now keeps multiple time-stamped database backups of data,
saved inside your Backup folder as "[yourdatabasename].mucp[timestamp] [# of items] Albums".
- Use the new "Backup Folder" option in Music Collector / Preferences / Folders to set your Backup folder location.
- Use the new "Number of Days" setting in Music Collector / Preferences / Backup to select
how many days of backups you want to keep. Older files are automatically pruned.
- Use the Tools / Maintenance / Restore Database submenu to easily restore a backup.
Restored backups are copied back inside your MUCP database file.
Upon conversion of the database, the software will move all old format backups from inside the database file to the Backup Folder that has been set in Music Collector / Preferences / Folders, making the database file a lot smaller in size.
New QuickSilver template, new QuickSilver Shelves for Images View
- "Out of memory" crashes after using the program for a few hours.
- Main screen sort order was not preserved when using Edit in List feature.
- Add Music Files: Crash when clicking the Scan button a second time.
- 2 Panels / Image View / Alphabet Bar : sometimes the edit screen wouldn't open.
- Sorting on numeric fields: empty values were not sorted correctly.
- Yosemite only: Export to Text screen didn't open.
- Add Auto: Edit After Adding: values in Pick Lists were not saved
- Add Auto/Update: Include Core Links preference was not working.
- Preferences, Filename Parsing screen crashed.
Version 15.6 build 2 (released on December 04, 2015) :
- Fixed a crash on Mountain Lion & Lion
Version 15.6 build 1 (released on December 03, 2015) :
Find Image Online tool now uses Bing Image Search
The Find Image Online tool previously used Google Images to find images.
However, it turns out that on December 1, Google terminated the free Google Image Search API
that we were using, causing our Find Image Online functionality to stop working.
Google provides a new paid version of the Search API, but it is limited to max 10K searches per day.
With the amount of customers we have, we need at least 20K daily searches (600K per month!) :-(
The solution: Switch to BING!
Microsoft also offers a paid Bing Image Search API and this one has no limits.
Or, to be more precise, they let us pay more for higher limits.
We immediately went to work and updated all our Windows and Mac programs
to use Bing Images for the Find Image Online tool instead.
Obviously, this generates considerable extra monthly costs (well over US $1,000),
but we have decided that we will NOT pass on these extra costs to our customers.
So here it is: the new Find Image Online, powered by Bing. Enjoy!
- Covers and Images sort order was not immediately updated after closing the "Choose Sort Fields" screen.
- Images View: when an alphabet letter was selected, the Edit Item menu option was disabled.
- Fixed a selection issue after closing Edit Screen
- Fixed some crashes.
- Fixed a crash when using the "Update database from tags" / "Update tags from database" tool.
- Custom Cover Images were not always updated.
- Headers were not listed in the main screen.
- Submit To Core: Tracks for multiple cds were not submitted.
Version 15.4 build 1 (released on October 21, 2015) :
- The "tree panel" has become the Folder Panel.
This Folder Panel now always shows folders, and folders *only*.
- The "list panel" on the right is now the Album List Panel.
This Album List Panel always shows a list of *albums*, never folders.
- New BIG folder button to the left of the bread-crumb bar.
Now also displays the currently selected folder Preset.
- No more situations where the left and right panels show the same list.
- The Images and Cover Flow view always show *album cover images*
Which is what they are for. No more big ugly folder, disc or track icons.
- Selecting albums is *always* done in the Album List Panel.
No more confusion about actions behaving differently depending on
wether an album has been selected in the tree or the list.
- Use the Folder Panel to *filter* the album list in the Album List Panel.
E.g. select the Supertramp folder to make the Album List show all albums by Supertramp.
- Click the root/top folder to show *all* albums.
Select the top item in the folder tree to make the Album Panel show
all albums in your collection. No need to switch to No Folders mode.
- No Folders Mode? Then no Folder Panel.
Don't want to use folders? No problem, switch to No Folders mode and the
Folder Panel will disappear, resulting in a nice "Classic Mode" view.
- Only two panels: Album List and Album Details, no Folder Panel.
- Folders are "integrated" into the Album List as extra folder rows.
- The Two Panel Layout is available in Horizontal and Vertical versions.
Re-designed Field Selection screens for Sorting, Columns and Folders
- Clearer layout: Available Fields on the left, Selected Fields on the right.
- Easier selection of fields: just drag from left to right to select, from right to left to remove.
- Or use keyboard short-cuts:
- While in Available Fields list: hit Spacebar to move the selected field to the right.
- While in Selected Fields list: hit Del to remove the selected field.
- Manage your Field Presets using the dropdown list and buttons top right (PRO edition only).
- Switch between Presets using the dropdown list.
- Create a new Preset using the plus "+" button.
- Create a copy of the current Preset using the Duplicate button.
- Rename a Preset using the pencil button.
- Remove a Preset using the trash can button.
Version 15.3 build 5 (released on October 01, 2015) :
- El Capitan compatibility: errors when installing "Can't be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed."
- Folders were not always sorted correctly.
- Cloud sync sometimes hanged on Mavericks.
Version 15.3 build 4 (released on August 13, 2015) :
New settings in Tools / Options to control the sorting
Some users just like to sort Artists by their Firstnames.
Others like to sort titles *including* "The" and "A".
With today's new "Ignore" settings in Tools / Options / Sorting, they finally can:
- Ignore the Sort Names of Person items (e.g. Artists) YES/NO
- Ignore the Sort Title field
- Show Sort Titles instead of Titles
- Memory issue in User Defined Fields code
Version 15.3 build 3 (released on August 05, 2015) :
Further improvements to the Alphabet Bar
- You can now also use the Alphabet Bar to filter on the first letter of Titles and Composers.
Use the Settings button on the far right of the bar to switch between Artist, Title and Composer.
- Hide the Alphabet Bar using the Settings button on the far right of the bar.
(show it again using the command in the View menu)
- Fixed: the folder list also showed the "other" artists of matching multi-artist albums.
- Import From Text was not working on older OSX versions.
Version 15.3 build 2 (released on July 22, 2015) :
Updated: Alphabet Bar
- Alphabet Bar now uses full width of Main Screen
- Alphabet Bar menu item now toggles between "Show Alphabet Bar" and "Hide Alphabet Bar"
Version 15.3 build 1 (released on July 21, 2015) :
New: Alphabet Bar in main screen
- An A to Z alphabet bar is now available at the top of your main screen.
- Click a letter to quickly filter your album list by the first letter of the Artist.
- The letter buttons are automatically greyed out if there are no artists starting with that letter.
- The bar automatically stretches to fit the width of your screen. Wider screen -> bigger buttons.
- Hide/Show the Alphabet Bar using the new option in the View menu.
Version 15.1 build 5 (released on July 13, 2015) :
- Crash when starting on Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
Note: this is the final Snow Leopard compatible build.
Support for Snow Leopard will be dropped from future versions!
Version 15.1 build 4 (released on July 08, 2015) :
Tweaks to CLZ Cloud Syncing screen and toolbar buttons.
- CLZ Cloud Syncing screen:
- Login info and CLZ Cloud viewer link now prominently displayed at the top.
- Optional "Do you want to view your CLZ Cloud now?" message after syncing.
- CLZ Cloud toolbar in main screen:
- Sync button now shows Sync Status (red exclamation mark indicating "not in sync").
- New View my CLZ Cloud button (existing users: place on toolbar using View / Toolbar / Customize).
More stable CLZ Barry connections
The built-in CLZ Barry support has been changed to always keep your Barry connection "alive".
No more spontaneous disconnects. Requires CLZ Barry 2.0 (free update for iOS and Android).
- Import iTunes XML: Composers were not added to Albums (tracks only).
Version 15.1 build 3 (released on June 15, 2015) :
- Cloud Sync: random crashes because of the upload/download log view scrolling down.
- User Defined Fields: sometimes the app was crashing while editing a user defined field.
- Edit Screen: Instruments Pick List was opening instead of the Musician Pick List.
- Preferences: crash on Leopard and Lion OSX.
- The app was crashing on startup when a Folder Set with an empty name was selected.
Version 15.1 build 2 (released on May 29, 2015) :
- Preferences screen didn't open on CLZ Account when clicking the "Unlock" button in the program / splash screen.
Version 15.1 build 1 (released on May 28, 2015) :
Re-Designed Preferences screen
- Navigate between groups of settings using a two-level tree panel on the left
(instead of tabs at the top), which allows for a better categorization of settings.
- All settings have been re-categorized and renamed to make them clearer and easier to find.
New: Import from Text
Import basic album data into Music Collector from other programs:
Upload to CLZ Cloud and Submit to Core features
now automatically resize cover images that are too large
No more failed image uploads because of the 500kb limit. Both the Upload to CLZ Cloud and Submit to Core features now automatically resize images to within 750x750 pixels when uploading.
- Cloud Sync: Items modified by “Re-assign Index Fields" were not seen as changes for the Cloud upload.
- Manage Pick Lists: Crash after editing Display Name for UDF lists.
- Manage Pick Lists: Crash when Adding an item and then cancelling straight away.
- Edit Screen: When adding a person, a letter “i” was added to the next field.
- Edit Screen: In some situations, editing a person entry could crash the app.
- Cloud Sync : Help button for Upload/Download cover errors opened a wrong online manual page.
Version 15.0 build 3 (released on May 04, 2015) :
- CLZ Cloud Syncing 2.0: several rare problems with the syncing of cover images.
- Manage User Defined Fields screen: Removing a User Defined field resulted in a program crash.
Version 15.0 build 2 (released on May 01, 2015) :
- New sync protocol crashed on Snow Leopard.
- Add Album Manually: the “Cancel” button was not closing the screen.
- CLZ Barry Scanner: if an album was edited before scanning, the scanned barcode was wrongly added to the previously edited album.
- Manage Pick Lists: fixed a crash on Mavericks.
- Check for Update: wasn't working correctly with an expired license.
- Main List: dates with unspecified day and “January" as month were displaying an incorrect year.
- Saved "Sort Field Sets" are now sorted alphabetically.
- Edit Track: Fixed an issue with the cursor blinking in a person field and clicking the "Next" button.
- Crash: when editing a single track from the main list, and editing an album afterwards.
Version 15.0 build 1 (released on April 29, 2015) :
Welcome to Music Collector version 15, aka "The Carbon Edition"!
New CLZ Cloud Syncing v2.0
We have completely rewritten the CLZ Cloud syncing mechanism,
to make it easier to use, faster and capable of syncing very large databases.
- Easier: One "Synchronize" button that syncs up and/or down as needed.
No more need to choose the sync direction (Up or Down). Just click the single Synchronize button and
the system will automatically upload your local changes and download your cloud-side changes.
- Faster: Sync your additions, changes and removals within a few seconds.
The software now keeps track of your adds, edits and removes, so when synchronizing with the CLZ Cloud,
it already knows which items need to be up- or downloaded, making the actual sync very fast.
( the initial full sync may be slightly slower though, but you only need to do that once )
- More scalable: Transfer very large databases without problems.
The syncing process is now a series of tiny data uploads and downloads, as opposed to
a single huge upload/download. This ensures that databases of any size can be synced.
- More reliable: Solves many problems of the old syncing system.
No more "invalid XML" when uploading large collections, no more changes that keep recurring every sync.
No more starting from scratch in case of connection problems, just continue where you left off.
New "Carbon" template for the details panels
- 4 different styles: Carbon Dark, Carbon Light, Plain Dark and Plain Light.
- Fully adaptive to the width of the details panel, to always make best use of the available space.
New Carbon Shelves style for the Images View
A new carbon look shelves style to match the Carbon template.
Version Cobalt.9 build 6 (released on March 30, 2015) :
- Find Cover screen: cropping didn't work.
- Sometimes “Manage Pick List” screen was crashing and it was not possible to open it anymore.
- Detail View was blank when using special characters in the Field Names.
- Main list: “Media Condition” column was not available.
- Folders: “Media Condition”: sometimes albums were not correctly organised.
- Edit Screen: Date Dropdown lists: values displayed on the right were hidden by the scrollbar.
Version Cobalt.9 build 5 (released on March 16, 2015) :
- Add Auto & Link Screen: results now have Cat. Number column.
- Edit Screen: Musicians Table: Instruments column does have type filter enabled.
- Edit Screen:
- Persons Tables: Cells were not correctly aligned with the columns.
- Orchestra & Chorus tables were not autocompleting typing if other tables were filled first.
- Manage Pick Lists:
- Compositions: doubles with different Composers are now allowed.
- After adding a duplicate, an empty row was added to the list.
- Sort order is now case insensitive.
- Database Totals didn't always show the real "totals".
- Main Menu:
- File > Export to Text was sometimes greyed out.
- File > Save Database As.. was very slow.
- Column Field Selection Screen: Duplicate Columns Set: some columns were wrongly checked.
Version Cobalt.9 build 4 (released on February 26, 2015) :
- Edit Screen: Orchestra and Chorus were not saved.
- Edit Screen: Autocomplete wasn't working for Vinyl Color field.
- Templates: Notes for Tracks and Boxsets were not escaped correctly.
- Upload Cover to CLZ Cloud: Replaced "Invalid Action" error with something more understandable.
- Loan Manager: Default Loan Period wasn't saved correctly.
Version Cobalt.9 build 3 (released on February 20, 2015) :
- Quick Search: Conductors and Composers weren't searched.
Important: To fix this, click menu "Tools > Maintenance > Update Search Strings" after updating.
- Manage Pick Lists screen: crashed when deleting a composer.
- Edit Screen: Musicians were not added with their default Instrument.
- Field Defaults: "Live" was wrongly tagged as "Length".
- Preferences: Increment Index was always set to "ON".
- OPN-2001 scanner: After scanning multiple barcodes with OPN Scanner, Add Automatically screen didn't open in "Queue Mode".
- Add/Link Music Files: Hidden "already linked files" were added any way when "Batch Add Checked" was clicked.
Version Cobalt.9 build 2 (released on February 09, 2015) :
- Disc / Header / Track / Subtrack title now appears on edit screen of said item.
- User Defined Fields: Checkbox Field Buttons were not showing the correct field name.
- Edit Multiple:
- Instruments were not stored for all newly added musicians.
- Key & Composers weren't stored for all newly added compositions.
- Back covers weren't downloaded.
- Folders: 0-9 folder was duplicated upon adding more artists that start with a number.
- Edit Screen:Credit Roles could not be selected if the credit role field names had been changed by the user.
- Default Settings: "Confirm on Removing Items" is now checked for new installs of the software.
- XML Import: Covers were not imported.
Version Cobalt.9 build 1 (released on February 02, 2015) :
Edit Album/Track: Easier adding and managing of Artists and other "person" fieldsA new user interface for adding new Artist entries and managing their First and Last Names
straight from the Edit Album and Edit Track screens, without opening the Tools / Manage Pick Lists screen.
Instead, REMOVE the Artist, then ADD the other Artist using the Search box at the top.
- Screen wide multi-column tables for Artists, Composers, Compositions, Conductors, Musicians and Credits.
- Tables show multiple columns with Display Name, First/Last Names and Sort Names.
- How to Add Artists to your Album:
Add new entries using a new search box above the table, that auto-filters the pick lists as you type.
- Directly edit First and Last Names in the table, without opening the Manage Pick Lists screen.
- Or click the Edit button in front of a name to directly edit the item inside the Manage Pick Lists screen.
- Easy re-ordering of entries by dragging the "drag" icon in the 1st columns.
- Easy removal of entries using the Delete icons on each row (in the last column).
- Direct access to relevant pick lists manage screen using the "Manage ... List" button top right.
The Manage Pick Lists screen will automatically select the entry that was selected in the Edit screen.
Adaptive layout of Edit Album and Edit Track screensNo more useless grey areas on large computer screens!
- The layouts of all tabs in the Edit Album and Edit Tracks screens are now adapting to fit the size of the screen.
- Edit boxes and drop down list get wider when you make your Edit screen wider.
- Checkbox list and multi-value grids get higher (and wider) when increasing the size of your Edit screen.
New List Selector panel in Tools / Manage Pick Lists screen
- Tools / Edit Lists is now called Manage Picks Lists.
- New list selection panel on the left replaces drop down menu.
- New "Favorites" area for your most commonly used lists (defaults to Persons, Labels and Genres)
- Drag and drop to and from Favorites area to create your own Favorites list.
- It is now possible to delete pick list items that are still in use (#Used > 0),
without having to hunt down all places where the value is used.
- Choose Remove on an item, answer Yes to the "Delete anyway?" question,
and the program will automatically clear this value in all fields where it was in use.
Find Image screen now available for Box Sets
You can now use the "Find Cover" screen on the images tab of the Edit Box Set screen.
New Folder option for "Artist First Letter"
Use the blue folder button and choose "Artist First Letter" to group your artist on their first letter.
More consistent Core / Cloud terminology
- "Update Albums Automatically" is now called "Update from Core".
- "Link Albums" is now called "Link with Core".
- "Unlink Albums" is now called "Unlink from Core".
- "Upload Cover for Selected Album" is now called "Upload Cover to CLZ Cloud".
- Synchronise with CLZ Cloud: “Upload new fields first” message was displaying even with a new empty database.
- Edit Album screen: now allows incremental search for Genres, Studios and Sounds.
- Manage Pick Lists: Compositions: Title was not editable in table.
- Print Panel: wasn't always displaying the paper orientation.
- When opening the Instruments Panel from the Edit Album screen: after selecting a template image, the panel was disappearing behind the main window.
- User Defined Fields: Blank field names not allowed anymore.
- User Defined Fields: Autocomplete was not working for some fields.
- Merge/Delete in Manage Pick Lists screen sometimes crashed the program.
Version Cobalt.8 build 4 (released on November 24, 2014) :
- After scanning a barcode, add automatically screen was not displaying the barcodes tab view.
- Statistics: Some bars from the bar statistics were hidden.
- Edit Lists: Next / Previous buttons were not working correctly.
- Add/Link Files Screen: Import From iTunes XML: File locations are now also used to determine if certain tracks belong to the same album.
Version Cobalt.8 build 3 (released on November 14, 2014) :
Improved Find Image screen
- More logical layout, with search box top left.
- Better looking thumbnail and preview area.
- New setting "Auto search when screen opens (Yes/No)" in Preferences, that lets you disable the automatic searching each time you open the screen.
- New: Stop searches and preview actions that take too long.
- In trial mode, the Login screen popped up after every search in the Add Auto screen.
Version Cobalt.8 build 2 (released on November 10, 2014) :
- Crashes when removing albums.
Version Cobalt.8 build 1 (released on November 05, 2014) :
Quick Search feature now searches more fields
- URLs of all links
New setting for Add Auto screen: Edit After AddMakes the Edit Album screen open automatically after adding a new album using the Add Albums Automatically screen.
(only when adding one album in Direct Search mode, this setting has no effect on Queue Mode)
- Fixes for Add/Link Music Files feature:
- Importing iTunes XML data is now much faster.
- Importing iTunes XML: Not all covers were correctly imported.
- Improved automatic grouping of tracks into albums.
- Occasionally crashing when adding artists with a 1 letter-length name.
- When the list panel shows folders, the column header said "DisplayName". Now show the field name of the current folder field.
- Templates: User Defined date fields were not displaying in your configured System Date Format.
Version Cobalt.7 build 6 (released on October 23, 2014) :
Yosemite compatibilityMultiple changes to make Music Collector fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.10 / Yosemite, including:
- Various crashes while using the Track tab in the Edit Album screen.
- Clicking a cover image in the Details Panel didn't work anymore.
- Add Music Files: in some cases, strange characters were added to the Artist fields.
- Add Music Files: added tracks always started with Index #2 instead of #1.
- Problems using User Defined Fields as the folder field.
- Further fixes to prevent "Document could not be saved" problems.
If you have been running into this, you MUST run Tools > Maintenance > Regenerate Search Strings to get rid of possible remaining problems in your database.
Version Cobalt.7 build 5 (released on October 13, 2014) :
New: Connect / Core / CLZ Cloud 2.0 supportSome changes to prepare for the upcoming 2.0 versions of Connect, the public CLZ Cloud pages and the Core site.
- Downloaded links to our online database now point to the new core.collectorz.com site.
- "My public collection" link in CLZ Cloud Syncing screen now points to the new cloud.collectorz.com site.
- “Document could not be saved” errors.
- 'Upload Cover to CLZ Cloud' was crashing for some users.
- Main List / Track View: no tracks displayed when using one of the Classical fields as a folder.
- Main List / Track View: When selecting some folders, tracks added to a header were not always displayed.
- Edit screen: Tracks Tab: "Link Music Files” screen was occasionally crashing.
- User Defined Fields: Fields without field name would crash the app when opening the “Manage User Defined Fields” screen or the edit screen.
- CLZ Cloud syncing: crashes when uploading cover images.
- Crashes when converting from v4 databases.
Version Cobalt.7 build 4 (released on October 08, 2014) :
Fixed for "Add / Link Music Files feature"
- Accented characters were ignored while parsing iTunes XML file.
- Notes and Release Years were not always parsed from iTunes XML file
- Screen was crashing while opening on Snow Leopard.
- Newly added albums were not found by the Search Field.
- Improved exception handling while parsing music file metadata.
Fixed for templates
- Blockz was not showing artists at track level.
- Metro: (sub)track/disc/header artist was not showing.
Version Cobalt.7 build 3 (released on September 26, 2014) :
Fixed for "Add / Link Music Files feature"
- App crashed on certain files.
- Improved memory management while scanning folders or iTunes XML file.
- Cover art didn't always import.
- Warning for "Existing Album" was showing up too often.
- Albums with various artists for the tracks were not saving artists at the track level.
Version Cobalt.7 build 2 (released on September 25, 2014) :
Fixed for "Add / Link Files screen"
- App crashed on M4A files that didn't have a cover image.
- Improved memory management.
- Progress popup was hidden after losing focus.
- Manage User Defined Fields: adding a user defined field on OSX older than 10.7 would cause a crash.
Version Cobalt.7 build 1 (released on September 24, 2014) :
New: Automatically catalog your music files (MP3, M4A, etc...)
- Use the new Add/Link Music Files screen (Edit menu) to:
- Catalog your music files automatically by scanning your folders
Let the program scan your computer for digital music files,
automatically reading meta information from your file tags and/or filenames.
- Import an existing iTunes collection
Export your iTunes collection to XML, then import the XML into Music Collector.
- Catalog your music files automatically by scanning your folders
- Link, Read and Tag files from the Edit Album screen
- Link Music Files to track entries by selecting a folder from the Edit Album screen .
- Update your album or track entries from file tags from the Edit Album/Track screens.
- Write album or track data to your file tags from the Edit Album/Track screens.
- New: Batch Update Database from File Tags OR File Tags from Database
- Read music file meta-data tags to update your album entries in Music Collector.
- Update music file meta-data tags using the data from your album entries.
Improved Edit Lists screen (Tools menu -> Edit Lists)
- New: Quick Search
- Quickly find the list items you want using the new Quick Search box on the top right.
- The list instantly filters as you type, no need to hit the Enter key.
- New: Edit directly in the list screen.
Edit item names and other properties directly in the item list screen, no need to open the Edit screen.
- Use the Edit in List button to switch to "Edit Mode".
- While in Edit Mode, just click a value in the item list to edit it.
- Blue columns are editable, greyed out columns are not
(for read-only fields like ID and automatically generated values like Sort Name).
- Exit Edit Mode by clicking the same button again and the screen will refresh to reflect your changes.
Fixed for the new User Defined Fields system:
- Several performance problems caused by the new UDF system.
- Crashes when closing the Manage UDF screen.
- Edit Multiple would clear Text and Pick List values.
- Edit Multiple would not always save correct values for Checkbox List fields.
- Using reserved XML characters like ‘<‘ and ‘&’ in user defined values broke the template and the value wasn’t saved.
- Synchronise with CLZ Cloud: program crashes while generating long item lists.
- Main List: horizontal 'rubber-banding’ was causing issues for laptop user's gestures.
- Main List: When using Cmd + R to select a random album, the same sequences of albums would be selected each time.
- Main List: “Upload Cover to CLZ Cloud” in the context menu was causing the app to crash
- Edit Screen: Edit in List: Composition List was not correctly loaded.
- Edit In List: Composition: Composer and Key fields were occasionally not saving the values.
Version Cobalt.6 build 1 (released on September 09, 2014) :
New: Unlimited User Defined Fields (PRO edition only!)
- Use the new Manage User Defined Field screen (Tools menu) to create your own data fields, of any type, in any order and as many as you want.
- Add fields as Album Only fields, Track Only field or at both Album and Track level with full value inheritance.
- Choose from the following field types:
- Pick List
- Number (whole)
- Number (decimals)
- Checkbox (yes/no)
- Checkbox List
- All fields you define will appear on their own tab in the Edit Album and Edit Track screens.
- User Defined fields work like any other field. You can:
- Set Default Values.
- Add them as Columns to your main screen lists.
- Use them as Sort field.
- Select Pick List and Multi-Value fields as the Folder field.
- Search them using the Quick Search feature.
- View their data under their own header in the Details Panel template.
- Define your own "Header" name, which is used as the tab name in the Edit Album screen and as the header in the template.
- Any existing User Defined fields from the old version will automatically be converted into the new version (only fields that actually contain data).
Version Cobalt.5 build 3 (released on August 18, 2014) :
- Edit Lists screen / Compositions : Merging compositions was not working correctly.
- Crash when sorting by the “Vinyl Weight” column.
- Composition, Orchestra, Chorus, and Conductor values were not inherited in Disc, Tracks and SubTracks.
- Track View crashed when one of these folders was selected: Composition, Orchestra, Chorus, and Conductor.
- Statistics: "User Lookup 1" & "User Lookup 2" were not displayed correctly.
Version Cobalt.5 build 2 (released on July 28, 2014) :
- Details: Template were occasionally broken by hidden characters inserted in the text fields.
- Edit Screen: Edit Multiple: "Vinyl Weight" and “Quantity" fields were not correctly updated.
- Person entries with ID zero could occur in the database, causing problems when Exporting to CLZ Music.
Version Cobalt.5 build 1 (released on July 17, 2014) :
New: Full screen mode (on Lion and Mavericks)
- Now supports the Mac OS X standard Full Screen Mode (introduced in OS X Lion).
- To expand to full screen, click the arrows in the top-right corner of the app window.
- To return to standard view, move the pointer to the top-right corner of the screen
until the menu bar appears, and then click the arrows.
Edit Album: easier adding of Artists, Musicians and Credits
- When entering the name of an artist, musician or credit (Songwriter, Producer, Engineer, etc..),
the pick list now filters the list using the letters you typed. (as opposed to jumping to the first matching item).
- This makes the drop down list more useful, as it now only shows a short list of matching items,
instead of tens of thousands of person names in a tiny box.
- On top of that, it avoids having to load the long list of names, making the Edit screen much faster.
- New database structure which will slightly improve the performance of most database actions,
and, more importantly, will make future database conversions much faster and more stable.
- However: this new database structure will cause one last slow conversion for this update,
which may take up to 15 minutes for large databases. Please do not close the software before it completes!
- Edit Album screen now opens much faster, especially on large databases with many artists.
- Main Menu: Buy > Unlock Software: If the database window was not open, popup did not show up.
Version Cobalt.4 build 4 (released on June 23, 2014) :
- App was freezing when switching to the statistics view on Retina Display MacBooks
- For some users, the previous build was freezing right after starting the program
Version Cobalt.4 build 3 (released on June 10, 2014) :
- Importing from Old V3 databases: crash while importing.
- Main screen: Edit In list: Date popups were not displaying the correct date.
- Edit Screen: Vinyl Weight stepper didn't work with values higher than 100.
- Templates: Links to lyrics of track/subtrack were missing.
Version Cobalt.4 build 2 (released on June 05, 2014) :
- Database conversion from pre-Cobalt.4 databases was hanging (Snow Leopard only).
- Edit Album: Possible data corruption problems when clicking “Next” and “Previous” buttons extremely quickly.
- Edit Album: Owner was removed after editing an album.
- Edit Album: RPM: “33 1/3” fraction is now displayed better.
- Template: Vinyl Weight appears with a "(null)” value.
- Template: Custom User Templates were not working.
Version Cobalt.4 build 1 (released on May 27, 2014) :
Add Albums Automatically : search Discogs by Catalog Number
- Use new "Search by Cat No" tab to add albums by entering their Catalog Number.
- The best way to add vinyl, because it searches our Discogs mirror by Cat No.
- Also searches our own own central online CD database by Cat No.
Extra vinyl-specific fields
- RPM field (choose from: 33 1/3, 45, 78)
- Vinyl color (pick list field)
- Vinyl weight (number field)
- Media condition (pick list field)
(existing Condition field is now called "Case/Sleeve Condition")
Improved support for classical music
- Edit Album: new separate tab "Classical" containing all classical specific fields.
- Composition field now allows multiple values, at Album, Disc, Header and Track level.
- Conductor field now allows multiple values, at Album, Disc, Header and Track level.
- Orchestra field now allows multiple values, at Album, Disc, Header and Track level.
- Chorus field now allows multiple values, at Album, Disc, Header and Track level.
Add Albums Automatically: new Cobalt Compact template for Preview panel
- The new Cobalt Compact template has been especially designed for the task at hand:
selecting the correct album and edition from the search results.
- Clearly showing the identifying album information (Artist, Title, full track list).
- An "edition block" at the top right, with Format, Barcode and Catalog Number.
- Toggle between Front and Back with the "flip" icon that appears when hovering over the cover image.
- Responsive design makes the template usable and good looking, whatever the width of your Preview panel is.
- Available in both Light and Dark styles.
- Update File Links: Crash with when clicking on "Manual"
Version Cobalt.3 build 2 (released on May 05, 2014) :
WARNING: OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or higher REQUIRED!!Starting with this build, Music Collector is NOT COMPATIBLE with OS X 10.5 (Leopard) anymore.
To run this version, you need OS X 10.6 (Show Leopard) or higher.
- Main Screen: “Confirm remove Album” popup had a layout issue for long Album titles.
- Main Screen: Fixed several issues with the layout settings.
- Add Albums Automatically: auto-increment of the Index field wasn’t working correctly.
- Sync with CLZ Cloud: “Download From CLZ Cloud” button was disabled each time a new database was created.
- Sync with CLZ Cloud: “Upload Covers”: an new alert notifies when a cover is too big to upload to CLZ Cloud.
Version Cobalt.2 build 4 (released on January 21, 2014) :
New: Edit directly in the main screen album listEasily make quick changes to your album entries, right in the main screen list. No need to open the Edit Album screen
- Use the Edit in List button (top right) to switch to "Edit Mode".
- While in Edit Mode, just click a value in the album list to edit it.
- You can edit information in any column, except greyed ones (for read-only fields like ID, Nr of Tracks, etc..)
- Directly edit text fields (like Title), choose from a dropdown for picklist fields (like Format), use a checklist for multi-value fields (like Artist and Genre) or pick a date from a calendar for date fields.
- Exit Edit Mode by clicking the same button again and the screen will refresh to reflect your changes (for instance, albums may move to a different folder when changing Artists, Genre, Formats, etc...)
- Find Cover Image screen would freeze up on some searches.
- Settings / License: Crash after removing password only.
- Add Auto: The Artist drop down list didn't follow the "Last name, First name" setting.
- Edit Screen / Credit list: Roles list did not show customized field names for user defined roles.
Version Cobalt.2 build 3 (released on December 30, 2013) :
- Link screen: Edit search Criteria. OK button was unresponsive to Enter keyboard button.
- Loan Manager: Loaners weren't displayed in the list.
- Loan Manager: "Loan" button wasn't always enabled.
- Add Albums Automatically: Formats filter was not working correctly.
- Edit Track screen: "Credits" were not sorted correctly.
Version Cobalt.2 build 2 (released on December 16, 2013) :
- Crash when opening Menu Tools > Database Totals.
- Folders tree: Custom Format icons were not correctly displayed.
- Tools / Edit Lists: "Used" column for Instruments was not working.
- Add Albums Automatically screen: sometimes the "Show format" button was disabled.
Version Cobalt.2 build 1 (released on December 09, 2013) :
New: Fix broken file paths using the Update File Links feature
- Use Tools / Maintenance / Update File Links to fix the file paths for images and other files.
(e.g. after you have moved files to a different location on your computer or after renaming a folder).
- Choose the File Type on the top right, and the screen will automatically show the missing files.
- Select the file links you want to repair, then choose the Automatic or Manual method of setting the new file path.
- Automatic will search your hard disk for the missing files automatically.
- Manual lets you set the new location manually.
- Finally, click Update to write the new file paths to your database.
New: Move your images from "internal" to external images folder, or vice versaOur software has always let you decide where to store your images:
either inside the database file (internal), or outside of the database file (external), in a specified location on your computer.
This new maintenance command lets you modify this setting afterwards
and move files into the database file, or move them out of the database file.
- Loan Manager: Loaners list was not sorted alphabetically.
- Folder selection for Track View: "Original Release Year" was not displayed.
- Edit Track: After adding a credit to the list, its cell was not automatically available for typing.
Version Cobalt.1 build 3 (released on December 04, 2013) :
- Track View: Crash when selecting TrackLookup1 as the folder field for the tree panel.
- Edit screen: Tracks list: when adding a new track, original order value was incorrect.
- Templates / Image Preview: command + w didn't close the image preview window
- Templates : "Recording Date" label wasn't following changes in Field Names.
Version Cobalt.1 build 2 (released on November 25, 2013) :
- Add Automatically: Did not warn about albums already in collection
(No warning popup was displayed and no blue highlights in search results)
- After adding, added items were not always automatically selected in the main screen.
- Disc/Header/Track/Subtrack didn't inherit Release Date & Recording Date from Album.
- The order of musicians in the musician column didn't follow the order the user set in the Edit Screen.
- Edit Lists: Compositions for Disc/Header/Track/Subtrack were not counted in the "Used" column.
- Edit Screen: Submit button was still enabled when in "Edit multiple" mode.
- Template: Album Index values were displayed incorrectly.
- Add Automatically: Did not warn about albums already in collection
Version Cobalt.1 build 1 (released on November 15, 2013) :
Redesigned Add Albums Automatically Screen
- Clearer and nicer looking tabs at the top for switching between By CDID, By Artist/Title and By Barcode.
- More logical and cleaner layout of buttons and other controls.
New: Easier Artist entry in Add Albums Automatically
- The Artist entry box in the Add Album Automatically now has a drop-down list
including all Artist entries in your existing database.
- When typing in the box, it now "auto-completes" to any existing entries.
New: Format Filter in Add Albums Automatically
- Filter the Search Results by Format (e.g. show CDs only or show Vinyl editions only).
New: Help improve our central online CD database with Core for Music
- Report missing CDs: in Add Albums Automatically, when scanned CD is not found,
you are now able to immediately add the CD to our central CD database.
After adding it to Core, just repeat your CD-ID search to retrieve the data you entered for your local Music Collector database.
(this replaces the old "CD not found, please provide Artist/Title" popup)
- Report data errors: click the red "Report data error" in Add Automatically to report errors in our central data. Your error reports are queued and processed by our content managers as soon as possible.
- Submit to Core: choose Submit to Core from the Connect menu or use the button in Edit Album to submit your local data to Core, to improve our central data.
Integrated support for our CLZ Barry wireless barcode scanner app
- When using CLZ Barry with Music Collector, you don't need the
"Buddy for Barry" software anymore.
In other words, Buddy is now integrated into Music Collector.
- Connect with CLZ Barry right from Music Collector's main toolbar
and from the Add Albums Automatically screen ("By Barcode" tab).
- CLZ Barry is available for iPhone, iPad and Android.
Click here for more information about CLZ Barry.
Version Cobalt.0 build 2 (released on November 06, 2013) :
- Cobalt Templates: Spars values were displayed twice.
- Cobalt Templates: Artists/Composers with URL links broke the template.
- Edit in List: Artists order was not preserved.
- Track View: Artist folders didn't work when track were under headers.
- Tags statistics were not displayed in the statistics view.
- Export to CLZ Music: Country field was missing from export.
- Problems validating License Keys containing zeroes.
Version Cobalt.0 build 1 (released on October 24, 2013) :
New Virtual Shelves look for Images View
The Images View in the main screen, you know, the one that shows the
cover image thumbnails, now includes Virtual Shelves.
Choose from 5 different looks:
- Classic (No shelves)
- Wood (light)
- Wood (dark)
More "Collectorz Blue" icons
More "Collectorz Blue" look that is more consistent and easier on the eye:
- New "Collectorz Blue" toolbar and tab-bar icons in various places
like the Main screen and Edit Album screen.
New: Customizable images for all pick list items
Set your own image for any list item, e.g. for Formats, Languages...
- Set a 16x16 image that will appear in the tree and list on main screen.
- Set a larger template image for use in Details Panel templates.
For example: here's how you could set your own images for the Country list:
Two new templates: Cobalt and BlockzFor the Cobalt version, we created two new templates that bring different layouts,
several color styles to choose from and some cool new features:
- Large front cover image, that "flips" to show the back cover.
- Click "Show More" / "Show Less" links to expand/collapse data.
Cobalt is based on the Music Collector Connect look.
It uses a fixed width for the album details (minimum width 700 pixels),
with the backdrop image taking up the rest of the space.
The Blockz template has several brightly colored blocks with your data. .
Blockz comes in three styles: Collectorz Colors, Backdrop and the easy-on-the-eye Dark style.
New system for License Checks and Check for Updates
- New Software Unlock system
Previously, unlocking the trial edition into the licensed Standard or Pro edition was done by entering a License Name and License Key into the software. Not anymore!
Starting with the Cobalt versions, the only thing you need to do is login to the software with your CLZ Account (if you haven't done so already for cloud syncing). The program will automatically "know" which edition (Standard or Pro) you own.
- New Check for Updates system
Similarly, the new Cobalt versions will use your CLZ Account to give you a smarter Check for Updates system, showing you exactly which updates you are allowed to install with your current Update Plan, also automatically unlocking them after upgrading/updating.