Comic Collector Connect
Publish your Comic Collector database online.
Access it from any computer & from any mobile device.
Share your comic list with friends and family.
What is Comic Collector Connect?With Comic Collector Connect, you can:
- Publish your Comic Collector database online
Connect is a subscription based service (US $19.80 per year) for publishing your Comic Collector database online, hosted on Collectorz.com servers.
- Access your comic collection and wish list from any computer or mobile device
Use any online computer (PC or Mac) or any online mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, etc..) to check which comics you own and which ones are on your wish list.
- Share your comic list with friends and family, by just emailing a web-link
Let your friends browse your comic list. Just send them the link to your public collection page (or place the link on your personal homepage or blog). Example: Sytske's Comics.
- Manage your comic database (add or edit comics) online
Connect is a full comic organizing tool, that lets you add comics to your database and edit existing entries, making it into an online alternative to the Comic Collector desktop editions.
How does Comic Collector Connect work?
- First, catalog your comic collection with Comic Collector for Windows or Mac OS X.
Use the Windows or Mac edition of Comic Collector to catalog your comic books.
- Create your own personal Connect account.
Sign up for a free 30-day trial account or get a full 1-year subscription.
- Upload your Comic Collector database to your Connect account.
Choose the "Synchronize" command from the Connect menu in Comic Collector,
enter your account's user name and password, then choose Upload.
- Browse your comic collection online.
Go to the Comic Collector Connect website with your browser (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc..),
log in to your account, and browse your comic list online.
- Make your online collection public (optional and switched OFF by default).
Use the Settings page to make your collection public, so that your friends can see your list without logging in. Now email your web-link to friends and family.
- Modify your database online and sync changes back to your local database.
Edit entries or add new comics using the online Connect interface, then use the Synchronize feature in the desktop edition to download those changes to your local database.
What are people using Connect for?Here's some examples of how your fellow Comic Collector users are using Connect:
- Browse your comic data from multiple computers in your home
Do you have multiple computers at home? Just have Comic Collector (Windows or Mac) installed on 1 computer, to manage your collection. Then Connect lets you (and your family members) browse your comic data from any computer that has internet access (PC or Mac!).
No need for multiple Comic Collector licenses. No need to install Comic Collector on multiple computers, no need to share databases over a network.
- Give others read-only, view-only access to your comic database
Want to give other people (in your home, school, church, etc...) access to your comic list, without the risk of them messing with your data? Then just give them the link to your public "viewing only" list. They will be able to browse and search, but not edit, your collection.
- Check your collection and wish list from mobile devices
Once your comic database is online in Connect, you can access its' mobile website from any online mobile phone or tablet device, wherever you are. Check your wish list from your phone while in the comic store, or select a comic to read on your tablet while sitting on the couch.
Tip: We offer dedicated apps for several devices (iPhone / iPod touch, iPad and Android).
But if you own a device for which we don't offer an app (e.g. Blackberry, Windows Phone 7, Nokia, etc...), then Connect is a great way to have your comic list on your mobile phone.
- Keep a copy of your comic list in a safe place
If you use Connect, you always have a safe copy of your comic list on our servers. A must-have for insurance purposes and a perfect backup in case your computer crashes. All Connect data is backed-up on a daily basis.
- Use Connect as a stand-online comic cataloging tool
Depending on your cataloging needs, Connect may even be a basic and easy to use replacement for the Comic Collector desktop editions (Windows and Mac). No more syncing between the desktop software and Connect or exporting to your mobile app.
Just use Connect for everything: to add, edit, browse and search your comic database, from any computer or mobile device. All for one subscription fee, with all upgrades included.
Comic Collector Connect as a stand-alone cataloging toolWhat's the difference between the desktop edition for Windows or Mac and the Connect edition?
Comic Collector Connect
web-based, online software
Software set up:
- Web-based software. No downloads, no installs.
- Manage your collection from any online computer (PC, Mac, Linux, iPad, etc..). Just log in to your Connect account.
- Your data and images are stored on Collectorz.com servers and automatically backed up on a daily basis.
Pricing and upgrades:
- Subscription based fee (US $19.80 per year).
- Your software is automatically updated with the latest new features and enhancements.
- All upgrades are included in the subscription. No extra costs.
- Access to the Collectorz.com online comic database is included.
- Check your collection and wish list from any online mobile device (iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, etc..)
- Just open your account page on the mobile Connect website.
- All comic book information (like creators, characters, publisher and images) is shown directly from the central Collectorz.com online comic database and automatically kept up-to-date.
- Add personal info, like rating, notes, purchase info, etc...
- Share your collection with friends and family. Just make your collection public (optional), then email them your web link.
- Full feature list with screen shots
Comic Collector Connect
Want a quick demo?
Create your own 30-day free trial account
Subscribe for 1 year
- No downloads, no installs
- Unlimited database size
- Free software upgrades
- Automatic daily backups
US $19.80 / year
Fatal error: Call to undefined method ClzActionBlock::SubBoxConnectPack() in /usr/www/users/bitz/collectorz/shared/classes/cl_actionblock.php on line 243