Our longtime competitor FNProgramvare (the maker of CATraxx) has ceased operations. We received loads of requests from current CATraxx users, seeking an alternative, for an import feature.
We have created and released a dedicated import routine for CATraxx users, wanting to switch to Music Collector. This import feature is available in Version Cobalt.2 build 1, released today.
Yes, it’s coming soon, the next major step forward for Music Collector, version 11.
And if you’ve been following our news about the recent upgrades of our Movie Collector and Book Collector products, you probably already have a good idea what it will bring.
Music Collector will finally get:
- Full Unicode Support – better handling of special characters for non-English languages
- New Virtual Shelves look, new templates, new look for the toolbars and icons
- More intuitive behaviour of the main screen’s tree and list panels
- Integrated support for our CLZ Barry wireless barcode scanner app
But there’s more! More »
These new updates come highly recommended to all our existing Mac users.
Make sure to install the updates!
Use menu [name of app] Collector>Check for Updates to update to:
- Book Collector 8.2.1, released January 24
- Comic Collector 5.3.4, released February 5
- Movie Collector 8.3.2, released February 6
- Music Collector 10.2.2, released February 14
Our Mac programmer does not stop here of course. He is steadily working on a major upgrade for Movie Collector, version 9!
Keep an eye out for news about this upcoming major upgrade.
As a careful user, you might be wondering if your Collectorz.com software works on it? And we’re happy to announce that you have nothing to worry about.
We can confirm that these Collectorz.com programs are working on Windows 8:
- Movie Collector 8
- Book Collector 8
- Music Collector 10
- Comic Collector 5
- Game Collector 5
The first Core edition, the one for books, was launched 3 months ago.
And today, it’s time to release the CD edition: Core for Music !
Core for Music is a new system that lets Music Collector users help each other
by improving the quality and completeness of our central online CD database.
It replaces the old “Submit to Collectorz.com” system with a more “quality focused” system and, on top of that, adds a quick way to report errors in our central data.
To use Core for Music, you need Music Collector 10.1 for Windows (released today). To get it, just use Check for Update in your current version. (Core will be added to the Mac edition later).
Core for Music consist of 3 parts:
Our Windows and Mac programmers Ronald and Patrick are working simultaneously on the New Music Collector and it is going to be a close call who releases first.
But it is Ronald who will release first and wins the X race, Music Collector for Windows will be released early May.
Patrick will follow suit, the major upgrade for Mac will be released by the end of May.
- [CLZ News] Introducing the new CLZ Help Center: Help.CLZ.com
- [CLZ News] Manage your software on the new My.CLZ.com
- [CLZ News] Track list syncing for music / 2 new CLZ team members
- [CLZ News] Material for Android / Comic search improvements / macOS Sierra
- [CLZ News] We’re on a roll, lots of releases coming up!